Montgomery County Community College, recognizing the popularity of mobile devices and the growing demand to access information, now offers a free mobile application to deliver campus information directly into the hands of students and the community.
MOX, Datatel’s Mobile Access, is a powerful app that provides information on the go about the College. After downloading the free MOX app, users can access:
- Information—find general information about the College;
- Important Numbers—quickly access important numbers to campus offices and departments;
- News—receive the latest information about what is happening on campus.
- Classes—students can securely access information such as class schedules, locations and faculty;
- Notifications—students can receive personalized notifications such as priority registration and library past-due notices;
- Events—find out about campus events;
- Maps—follow a GPS-enabled campus map to classes and other facilities; and
- Directory—contact information for campus administrators including email, telephone numbers and addresses.
Currently, Montgomery County Community College is the only community college in Pennsylvania to offer this information app to students and the community.
To download the free MOX app, visit the app store on your mobile device and search for MOX. Once the application is downloaded and opened, select “Montgomery County Community College” from the list of colleges and universities. MOX is available for the Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Blackberry and Google Android.
MOX is the second mobile app the College offers. Students also have access to the free Blackboard Mobile Learn app that allows quick and easy access to their assignments, announcements, grades, podcasts and discussion boards on Blackboard. With this mobile app, students can stay informed and up to date on their class information using their mobile devices.
The Blackboard Mobile™ Learn app is available the Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Blackberry and Google Android.
The College’s extraordinary use of technology to help students achieve success has earned it the Tops in Technology award as the most digital savvy community college in the country for the past three years.
~by Diane VanDyke